Sunday 1 January 2012

Swearing at police 'is no longer an offence' - 26 June 2011

Officers have been banned from arresting yobs who insult them with the most offensive swear-words in the language.


A.P.
Good news everybody!


N.S.
Though it can be argued they are just 'words', for some they are still seen as offensive, and also the context in which they are used. Watching Crimewatch Roadshow last week, as someone was being restrained he was swearing in a defensive way. But how many people will use this in either an aggresive way or just to wind up a police officer?


A.P.
I don't think people have ever needed the 'swears' to try and wind up the fash'.


N.S.
the fash? you mean facist? why do you think they are all facist?


A.P.
It was my attempt at an example, but strangely enough I do think most of them are fascistic.


M.R.
Noel......I would agree that most police officers are normal guys, doing a job, but, there are exceptions........and they too have ways to wind up the public........swearing shouldn't be necessary, but neither should certain police tactics...........


N.S.
Mark, that is the point, you can train as much as you like, but the person in the uniform is a normal man or woman, with emotions, with a life away form work. but 30% of the time we hear about an officer is when he/she does something wrong. some because they get caught at the wrong time on the wrong day, some because they are abusing the power given to them by society. trouble is making sure that the bad egss are thrown out and that the others are not thrown out when they maybe need retraining, or closer supervision for a time, however with cut backs will front line officers lose management supervision/support and as a result will a bad day turn into a bad egg?


M.C.
If a police officer can't handle a bit of swearing, they're in the wrong job.


M.H.
This story made me laugh yesterday. I wasn't aware that it was ever an offence in the first place. So far as I know 'being mean to a police officer' has never been a crime.

If you can't stand the heat...


A.P.
I mean as far as I knew the CID were notorious for calling people 'SLAAAAGS!'

A.J.B.W.
True story is this,
I found a pup in the local park a few years ago. I spend time and money trying to finds the pups owner.

After a week, I took the pup down the local cop shop. Explaining that I had found the pup and had been looking for its owner.

The C^nt of a policeman charged me with theft of the pup!!!!<as I hadn't "returned" the pups soon as I found it>.

I said "You are having a feckin laugh"..and I was charged with breach of the breach!!!

If you know me, then you would understand that all hell broke up then.
The "theft" charge was dropped by the policemans superior..but I got a £25 fine for swearing.

It is no wonder that people don't help the police nowadays.


M.R.
Alan.....you are a very naughty boy!


M.K.
Unfortunately a lot of police are stupid, just like any other profession. The problem here is that they are stupid people with power, the worst kind of idiot. I don't mean this as an attack on the police, some of them are intelligent and articulate and use their brains when applying the law... Some of them don't even know which law they are applying.


M.Co.
@ Mark "If a police officer can't handle a bit of swearing, they're in the wrong job.”

Would that be similar to some of here who get upset at it, are you saying they should leave??


M.Co.
If its legal to swear at the police its only right its OK everywhere else, you know, closing the gaps and all that


N.H.
You shouldn't have stolen the puppy Alan, that was completely out of order.


N.H.
Anyway, you should have cooked it on the first day..
27 June 2011 at 11:17 · Like


A.J.B.W.
The Desk Sgt said to after the event "Don't worry about him(the pc that chrged me), he's a bit of a c0ck but what do you expect..he's ex-army"

It just wasn't my day..


N.H.
lol


M.C.
"@ Mark "If a police officer can't handle a bit of swearing, they're in the wrong job.”

Would that be similar to some of here who get upset at it, are you saying they should leave??"

Nik, that's irrelivent. As far as I can tell, we have swearing filters for that purpose. Also, generally we don't have to worry about too much brutality from authorities here so should be unlikely to feel the need to swear much anyway.


R.F.
Excellent news. Arresting people for using 'naughty words' is pathetic, it was just another tool the police used to get people who they wanted to inconvenience but hadn't done anything wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment